Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tokyo

First thing I did when I got to Tokyo;
I gave William a big hug. I missed him
it had been way too long.
Met Mitz, and then Adrian and Takky
Lunch in this tiny but place called Camp Curry
Love the food, then I decided to go to
Harajuku by myself. I told you
I want to get lost, I want to experience
silly things, I want stop planning too much
things in my head.

It's like trying to break free from the
regular order of how things work in
my life. It was meant to be the most
out-of-control thing I'd ever do.
But later I found out that I have this scarily
amazing sense of direction. I didn't get lost,
not a single time during my stay. Not at all.
I even went to Asakusa alone. I went to
seek for some peacefulness in Meiji Jingu,
went to Kabuki theatre 50 days before
they shut it down.
I went to Tsukiji fish market early in the morning
and had the freshest sushi donburi,
I love the sea urchin there.
And I didn't get lost at all...

And just when I thought I'd never get
the chance to do the whole out-of-control thing
I started finding cool shops and they
are soooo incredibly priced...
I went shopping everyday. I decided
to just ignore the credit card bill
that would choke me when I go home.
I just bought everything that I want.
It felt so liberating, and I love how
I was so out of control...
And somewhere after that tiny souvenir shop
in Shibuya, to Edifice, 417, Hanjiro in Shinjuku
and Shima Kitazawa, I remember taking
a deep breath, and thought to myself
Hard work pays...

No comments: