Saturday, April 3, 2010

Being Almost A Quarter Of A Century

Work's been such a nightmare since I came back.
Like literally, I had 3 store visits
in my first 3 days back.
Not to mention setting up for
the April event sale.
It was so tiring and stressful because
it was my first days in my new department
and plus, my manager was away for 2 weeks.
So pretty much I dealt with everything
single handedly.

Finally a long weekend, and
Adrian came to town. Of course
we went out partying. In between the drinks
I said, I cant believe Im almost 25.
That's freaky isn't it?
He said, yeah I remember I freaked out
when I turned 25.
Then I started thinking again...

Like, Im turning a quarter of a century
and I've only been in one relationship
only dating a few guys.
And I have a job that pays the bills
but it just seems like, everything is
so time consuming that I began to feel
like it's taking me further and further away
from my ultimate goal.
When I think of my future it would be
fashion, and I still think so strongly
about it. Work has consumed so much
of my time, and I started to make excuses
for not doing anything for fashion.
But seriously, if I don't start doing it now,
when am I gonna start?

I've been thinking about it again today.
And I thought, I'm almost 25
It's time to refocus on what I wanted.
Last year I focused on getting that
security in my job and money
and I'm probably not there yet now,
but I think I'm in an okay position.
I think I need to make a start in doing what
I love doing, and start planning again
for the long term goal.
Im thinking of taking a few short courses
for the start, and everything else can follow...

No comments: