Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tokyo and The Never-ending Question

I think I fell in love with Tokyo.
I loved it for the city, for the uniqueness
the food, the shopping, and most of all
I loved being surrounded by my friends.
I mean, I loved having coffee in the morning
with them, and complained about
how shit the coffee is in Tokyo.
At the same time, we talked about how
easy it is to get good coffee in Melbourne.

I love then having breakfast with them.
Just anything, or a Burger Lunch set from
Journal Standard.
And then just talked about things again
until dinner time, and then my favourite
would be having yakitori night.
All yummy skewers, and anything
with all you can drink, and but of course
indoor smoking. And then parties...
And the Japanese guys in Tokyo
are hot... I talked to a guy, he's really cool
good body, and handsome
but he doesn't speak much English
and as you know, I dont speak any Japanese
at the end of the night he kissed.
And not how I expected him to kiss me.
He literally just gave me a quick smooch
on my lips. No tongue, no french kissing.
On the way home in the cab my friend said
the Japanese guys are shy.
Ah, and he also said, 'I think he's bad.'
'I saw his tattoo, I think he's a part of the
Yakuza...'

When I was leaving Tokyo
I felt somehow so emotional about it.
Like, I love my friends there.
And it really just saddens me to think
that I won't see them for at least a few years
and may be in a few years time, they won't
all be there at the same place.
It got me thinking about searching
for the place I can call home.
Like the biggest question for me is
'Do we go places to get the thrill of it,
or do we look for a place we can call home.'

I think at the end everyone looks for a home.
And I simply haven't found one.
Indonesia is my home town, but I don't
think I can call it home.
Melbourne, is like my city. I live, I enjoy
I love and hate it at the same time.
So I guess after several times thinking
I came to a conclusion that where ever
you home is, you need to have the loved one
there with you to make it real.
At the end, it was an answer that just keeps
me questioning more about my contentment.

No comments: