Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Final Step

I had my usual day off treat today
French crepes, a bit of red, and...
the definitely the sweetest French eye candy :)
we got to talk about me and my ex'es little rendezvous
I told them how I feel
and I had the best answer from Patrick
he was telling me the story about him and his ex
they tried to be friends but it was too awkward
they didnt end up being friends
in other words, it was just fully over
no friends, nothing. Just a history.
Then he asked me, "do you wanna be friends with him?"
Yeah, but honestly, not like we're friends
the truth is, there are friendship that happened
because the people in it click with each other
and so it's natural for them to be friends because
they enjoy each other's company
and then there are friendship that develop from
a "getting used to each other" or even history.
and I realised that if me and my ex are going to be friends
it would never going to be the natural friendship
it would be friendship that based on a history
it would never be hanging out with a friend
it would be "catching up with my ex"
That would be awkward.
Patrick continued, in his case he just quit it
there isn't any point for them to be friends
it's just done and it is the past.
My heart slightly pained when I heard that
"it's just over, it's in the past."
and yeah, of course there is nothing wrong with
having a regular "catching up with ex"
but what if these recurring rendezvous becomes
the new post-relationship relationship
I for sure dont want to keep having feelings for him
everytime we catch up, and this elongates
the break up process, it becomes the constant reminder
that we have a history, and for that Im scared that
I would never end up getting over him for real.
I realized that it is like you deciding to quit reading a book
and you keep the book open on a table next to you
you can't help but keep looking through it now and then.
What you should do is close the book.

And so my friends
I think that it should be the final step
to my break up.
Close the book. Make it a history.
Accept the fact that it is over completely.
And he should just be a guy I bump into
on the street, who happened to be my ex.
I think that cutting it short would
make it easier in the long term.
Like Im over it, but I think that as long as
I still have emotion to him, it means that
Im not completely over him.
I hope this final step would
help me get over it, completely.

3 comments:

Budiuta said...

dra! u still got ur friends around you! that is still care about u!, dont hold it to urself , just remember that! take care an be fabulous! lov ya!!

Jarome B Jackson said...

hmmm yeah off course I still have my friends, but like this isnt about them and by the way Im alright so dont worry I know how to find friends lol.

Budiuta said...

of course u r loh! hehehe!
coz ur that FAbULous!!!
btw im coming at the end of december! im looking 4 the ticket right now!!!

can't wait to c u, Sasha, mitra and others soon!
c u soon SOBAT! hehe kangeeeen gilaaa!!!
so..hope things goes smoothly ya?