Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pre Break Up Anniversary

It's almost a year since we broke up.
I can't believe how fast time goes
even thinking about it gives me a goosebumps
like I had this sudden emotional feeling
a year since that beautiful relationship ended
and thinking about things I went through the past year...
like I could cry thinking about all the ups and down
the denial, the decision to not get back together
I remember avoiding him, missing him,
crying for him, and striving to block out all the feelings
the many insecurities, the anger I had to him and the world
and not to forget... all the drunken nights
And the past week Ive been feeling emotional
its almost a year...
I keep feeling like I should see him
and find out how he has been
its almost like an unfinished business
I guess some part of me just really miss him
so I decided to text him and asked him to catch up
So we did today
I hugged him when I saw him
I knew I missed him. a lot.
I knew I still care a lot about this guy
and all the anger just disappeared
it was kinda awkward at first
but we ended up talking just the way we used to
The thing is, I then realised that he hasn't changed much
he's still very immature, hanging out with his young friends
and complains about work, and somehow
I felt like some part of him is okey or even
proud of that early-20-ish attitude.
And I guess that was why he broke up with me as first
you know, the indecisiveness, the self centred ness
I cant help being emotional looking at him
like this guy, I just wanna hug him because I miss him a lot
yet I know for sure that things are never going to work out
and that is the reason why I didnt want to get back together
Im a logical person, and I dont do things that wont work out
I went home after saying bye to him
and giving him another big hug
on the way home, I found myself back to the old question
this question was in my head a year ago
"When it comes to love and relationship,
should we be following our heart, or our brain?"

No comments: