Sunday, January 4, 2009

Is It Worth It?

Happy New Year!

I cant believe Im gonna be writing like a sad thing in my first blog entry for this year. It's like, I've been questioning things in my head.

First one is to my sister who I suspected to have gotten married with her boyfriend. Long story short, I dont think he's a good guy. I think he is just a liar, not a good guy, and the way he treated my Mom is just very disrespectful. Even more, since my father passed away almost 10 years ago, it became my responsibility according to the Javanese culture to get the right guy to marry my sister. Not really, I mean she had to get my permision to marry the guy she loves. Like without my consent the marriage won't be real, like it won't be a real thing.

Thing is, she doesnt have to do that if I had died, like she had no more brothers. So when I finally got enough evidence that I think she had secretly married this asshole, I thought, am I dead to her?

And the question I had in mind is, "Is it that worth it? Is she really that happy with this person? Is it worth it to backstab you own Mom and brother, just to be with the person you love?"

Second question, I ask myself, "Is it worth it to leave your family when you were only 16, so that you can grow up and see the world, where you could've stayed with them and make sure things are right with your family?"

No comments: