Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To Black Collection

I've been so inspired by Amy Winehouse's Back To Black, in fact I straight away changed my facebook status to " is back to black" the moment I broke up with my ex. I watched the video so many times, listened to the song a million times, and I realised it was trus, when you get out of a serious relationship some part of you died. Like in the video, RIP the heart of Amy Winehouse.


So I was then inspired to make this Back To Black collection, it was all about a funeral, the death of a relationship. I wanted to make it dark, almost like gothic-y but still very chic. Also, I wanted to portray the many phases of what I went through from the break up. I mean like, the bitterness, the denial and pretending to be strong again, and also my drunk phase. These drawings and sketches means a lot to me it's more special than what I have done before.







Ps. The Coloured drawing is supposed to be the same outfit with drawing number 6...

For the coolest Back to Black cover by Rumble Strips click here

1 comment:

Budiuta said...

yeaaahh! she is aweeesssommmeee!!!!