Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MIFF so far...

Ok Melbourne International Film Festival is happening at the moment. Which one have you gone to and which one are you planning to go see?

Ive seen a few so far. I watched 881 from Singapore which is funny and so much fun to watch, but some of the joke are kinda hard to understand. Like, the Tech-no joke, and copy cat vs Techno cat joke. Watch it and you'll understand what I mean.
And I've watched A Jihad For Love, the title is kinda corny but I think it means a lot for some people. Its a doco about gay muslims from different countries. Its pretty interesting to watch, but I think it's very saaaaad. I nearly cried a few times. Hmmm may be because I can relate to the stories, you know, I've been in a similiar situation; feeling that there's no place for me in this world, and fearing and at the same time feeling angry because its not acceptable for muslims to be gay. Death is the punishment in some countries, and the koran mentions that they're supposed to end up going to hell when they die. Its even more emotional when they use Islamic Prayer as the background sound. Its sooo beautiful. And yet again it's very sad because some of these people believe that they're committing sinful acts. However, I think the doco itself failed to explore more areas under this topic.
Animation (With Dogs), super fun. I found my favourite animation on youtube, but I think they put down the video today... Argh. It's called KJFG no.5 watch it if you could find it.
And last night I watched Shall We Kiss from France. Its sweet, funny, romantic, it's just very fun to watch. I think it's the best I've seen so far.
Next ones I wanna watch are (excuse my poor movie sense); Sita Sings The Blues, Dead Daughters, Gatchy Boy, Otto, Let The Right One In, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer and I dunno some elses.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Gachi-Boy and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer! Here we come!