Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Amazing What I Can Do

hey babes...
I got a new smell
I smell Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Enia chose it for me
Last time she chose YSL La Nuit De L'Homme
I love it too!
I love having those musky, smoky
some kinda mature, sexy, and sophisticated smell.
Like, tell me it's silly
but like I think now I can pull off
those scent because I wear suits...
By the way, I managed to get
the third person for Armani
I got Matthew in my team
He is just such a pro
He was the golden boy of the department
we started working together,
so pretty much we grew in the business together
and I just cant wait to have that dynamic in Armani...
The shit thing about Armani is that
my store wont be refurbished until February
which is so annoying because everything else
has been refurbished.
And Armani doesnt do discount as often as the others
on top of that bad buying decision
that means all of those combo makes it hard to sell...
Anyway I had a ciggy outside work yesterday
My old Manager who now works in
women's shoes department, talked to me
"I'd love you to supervise my area."
I said, I'd think about that.
And then she told me the story
"Did Louis tell you that your name
is highlighted as a potential supervisor
in the general meeting?"
I said, no.
"Well, you couldve been a supervisor right now,
but Louis wanted you to supervise his area,
but as everyone knows it, mens suits is the
shark pool. Amy and Matt didn't think you're
ready for that. You need to start from a smaller
department."
I thought, I couldve been a supervisor
and Louis gave me Armani?
And all that only because he wants to keep me in suits?
"Badra, so why not come with me, tell Amy
that you want to supervise, that's all you need
to do. That's the only way you make your way up.
It will open more possibilities, even for a manager job..."
Now, I need to plan things,
I want to make sure that I dont burn bridges
I wanna do it nicely, but hopefully,
December or January.

No comments: