Monday, October 13, 2008

America's Next Tyra's Mini Me

I've been watching America's Next Top Model Cycle 11, and I really like it. I like Marjorie, Lauren Brie (out) Elina, and McKey. Something kinda annoy me though, and as much as I think that the show would be just plain crap if Tyra stoped doing it, but it comes across to me that it has become too 'self-indulgent' for her. I mean, its like the whole show is just made to talk about her past modelling career, and to admire herself. Ok, firstly, look at the opening credit, Tyra's on it for almost half of it, when the competition was meant to be about the model hopefuls. More? Ok, in the first episode there was a part when they supposedly have a perfect model maker machine thingy, and it broke, and what came out of it? Tyra Banks everyone! It's like them saying, Tyra is the perfect model. Fact is, she's not even a model anymore. She doesnt look like a model anymore. More? Ok, in the last episode when she was demonstrating the signature pose, and she went on about her eyes as her signature pose, I was like, yeah right. It was all about Tyra. Too much things about Tyra. Even worse, Tyra always talks about the top model quality, and she often mention, personality, about the plus size, and smile with your eyes. I think she's just talking about herself. Top model means having Tyra's quality. And so, it is not a modelling competition, it's Tyra Banks-alike competition. May be they should call it America's Next Top Tyra's Mini Me. And Im not surprised why none of the winner are that successful. None of them are labelled top model in real life. Ah, I like the show though.




2 comments:

K. said...

Tyra Mini Me?
LOL!
they should call it Tyra's Next Top Mini Me

Jarome B Jackson said...

hahaha that sounds better...